Gilcore is committed to providing a fundraising experience which is highly professional and transparent. We understand that the public and donors are at the heart of what we do, and this promise is our assurance to them, in line with our registration with the Fundraising Regulator.
We will commit to high standards
- We adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice and the associated Rulebooks.
- We monitor fundraisers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We ensure that all our fundraisers are carefully selected, thoroughly trained and with the appropriate management and quality control oversight in place.
We will be clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and provide accurate information about the charities we represent.
- We are clear about how charities spend the donations given to them.
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We give a clear explanation of the nature of the donation you may choose to make.
- We always tell donors how much we are paid to fundraise on behalf of a charity.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We will be respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy.
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to stop a conversation, we will respect your decision.
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it is available on request.
- We always ask you for your consent to be contacted by the charities we represent.
We will be fair and reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We will be accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We have a complaints policy, a copy of which is available on our website.
- Our complaints policy lets you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator if you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.